Friday 2 October 2009

Mercy Me



So. For my "Creative Process" class, we were told to choose a song and examine the lyrics and their content, take either part of the song or the whole thing, and produce a final illustration inspired by it. I wasn't keen on any of the tracks my lecturer had given us, except "Birdhouse In Your Soul" by They Might Be Giants, but my sister got to that one first. So I chose "Mercy Me" by Alkaline Trio, as I really identify with the song the sentiments of the lyrics. This makes me sound soooo emo, but hey, I'm emo without mean-o!

But my problem is I have nooooo idea what to do! So far all I've done is write out the lyrics on stained paper in my sketchbook, then write some reasons on why I chose the song, and do a painting of the front cover of the single. I can't think of anything else!!

Help!!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment